What is a Collpuu?
A Collpuu is an ancient Hawaiian tradition where men and women hang upside down from a tree branch by their ankles. The purpose of the tradition is to remove bad luck and bring good fortune. Interestingly, the word “collpuu” comes from the Polynesian word “kalapu,” which means to swing.
When are they Used?
Poolside hanging with the tree is one of the best ways to enjoy a hot day.
Hanging with the tree on a poolside can be enjoyed any time of year, but it is especially popular in the spring and summer months. This because there is often a pleasant breeze blowing through the branches, and the sun will be shining.
Types of Materials to Use
When you’re planning on hanging a piece of art or furniture from a poolside, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, think about the size and weight of what you want to hang. You don’t want to use something light that will easily fall over, or something too heavy that will cause damage if it falls. Second, make sure the surface is flat and smooth. If not, your artwork or furniture will likely scratch or dent when it’s moved. Finally, be sure to measure the distance from the ground to where you want your artwork or furniture to hang and make sure the cord is long enough.
How to Make a Collpuu
To make a collpuu, you will need:
a cotton sheet
a pool liner
a measuring tape
sewing machine and thread
1. Measure the width of your sheet and cut it to that size. You’ll also need to cut the length of the sheet so it’s slightly longer than your pool liner.
Sew one end of the sheet to the liner, making sure to line up the raw edges. Clip any excess fabric.
2. Turn the collpuu so that it looks right side out. Make 1 or 2 small slits in each corner so they can air dry (or use a hairdryer on low heat if you don’t have access to an air conditioner).
3. Hang the collpuu by securing each corner with a piece of thread tied into a knot. Leave enough slack in each knot so that you can easily adjust the size of the Collpuu as needed.
Safety Tips for Hanging With the Tree
Hanging with the tree on a poolside can be a fun activity for summer days. There are a few things to keep in mind when hanging out with the tree, though, so that everyone stays safe.
1. Make sure you have a good grip on the tree. A strong grip will help prevent any accidents.
2. Be aware of your surroundings and watch for other people nearby. If someone is approaching, let go of the tree and stay safe!
3. Do not hang too far from the ground or you may start to feel dizzy or lightheaded. Hanging too high also increases your chance of getting injured if something goes wrong.
4. If you start to feel uncomfortable or like you are about to faint, let go of the tree and fall to the ground before anything happens that you might regret later!